Friday, October 16, 2009

Finally Done!


Wow I am old, wanting to make quilts!!??!! But, I saw this cute fabric at Walmart and knew it would be a cute blanket. It wasn't to hard, but it was very time consuming (considering I did the whole thing by hand). I sewed the pieces of fabric together by hand and the binding, and tied it off without quilting frames. I got the pieces of fabric sewed together, and all tied in 1 day. The stupid binding around the edges took forever though. It took me 7 nights to get it sewed. The first side I started took me about 6 hours to sew. I am happy with the end result because it did turn out way cute!



I wasn't sure how I was going to bind it since I don't have a sewing machine. Then I saw this cute ribbon and decided it would work out great, and it did!!!

3 comments:

MEREDITH said...

That is a super cute quilt, I love quiliting and you aren't old, I have never done one by hand and never binded one, but I love putting a quilt up on quilting frames and sitting around quilting it with friends and family always a fun time....

Nicki Crockett said...

Wow- I love it. It is so you. I get obsessed with projects too. That's why I have over 20 books that I have published through Cherish Bound. Crazy!

Nichole said...

WOW girl you did AWESOME!!! You are so MARTHA!!! I love it! You did a great job on the fabric choice and all that work! You are so TALENTED!!! Keep up the hard work FO SHO!!!