Sunday, July 26, 2009

All for our Kiana!!

So all you get on this post is pics from my camera, which will explain their poor quality! On the weekends we have Kiana I try to make it all about her so she has an enjoyable time. This weekend was pretty packed with things to do.

On the 24th we went swimming at the pool that Mary works at. Danyell happened to be in the area so her and Kyleigh came and joined in. We got this cute pic of the 3 kids. Yhostin calls this our oreo cookie : ) Taylor got his hair trimmed, he was looking sharp.

Kiana for her solo shot!

Taylor with his red vine lips! He is so stinking cute. He has the cutest personality.
So that was Friday.......

and this is Saturday. After too much laundry we went and got some more laundry, getting Kiana a ton of school clothes. Before school started I wanted to take her to the water park. Now that I will be working more, this may have been my last weekend to do that. We took her and 3 of Yhostin's sister's kids to Cowabunga Bay!

It was actually alot smaller than I thought it was going to be. Besides the cluster of slides, maybe about 8, they had a lazy river and a little wading pool. I definitely did not think it was worth the money paid. I remember 7 peaks being much larger. But maybe that was because I went when I was a kid and things from your childhood seem to be bigger. Anyways, the kids did have fun!!

Kiana and MaKayla racing down one of the kiddie slides!

Kiana and the twins, Mason and MaKayla. It was actually their 6th birthday, so I knew I had to bring them with us.

They have it decked out with some cool features and decorations so of course I had to get a pic of the kids by something. They couldn't wait to get some ice cream.

We have been looking at buying a bike for Kiana for awhile, and maybe a little for Yhostin too! We wanted to get a 150 but when we actually looked at the bike, we knew it would be way to much for Kiana, so we settled for an 80. We went looking on Thursday. We weren't really planning on bringing it home so we took the Land Rover to the dealership. We ended up having to put it inside. It was a bit of a tight squeeze, but we made it!

We ended up having to lay it flat on its side.

Here it is upright! Thursday we let her get a feel for it. She was super excited and could not wait until Sunday when we planned on going out riding.

Today we went out past Saratoga Springs so she could ride more, it was fun, but way too HOT! She did good and is definitely going to be a pro. She still needs to work on changing the gears and hasn't quite grasped the concept of a clutch, but she is learning fast. She will only need a couple more outings to get it down.

Go, Kiana! We love you and are proud of how well you did!!

Here I posted a video of Taylor at the pool on Friday, it is a little long. (I don't know if it is working, the video would not play for me.) He kept chasing Kyleigh around, it looked like they were having little races. I just wish you could see it better. You kind of just get the idea. The other one is a short video of Kiana taking off on her bike.

2 comments:

Nichole said...

I love the new look on your blog!!! WAY CUTE! You did have a busy weekend, no wonder you past on the movie:) You are so good to Kiana! The things you do with her and for her is so sweet! She is a lucky girl to have a Step-mom like you! I miss you and I wish I could have had more than 30 seconds with you this weekend! I am so proud of you and I hope you have a great first day of work today!!! Keep up being wonderful! Luv you girl:)

terra said...

that cowabunga looks fun! i've been wanting to go. it looks like you guys are having lots of fun, staying busy. i miss ya! love ya!